Fiorentina boss: ‘There was never a problem’ with Tottenham, Man City and Inter target Vlahovic
Fiorentina head coach Vincenzo Italiano insists there is “no problem” with forward Dusan Vlahovic, who continues to be the subject of widespread transfer speculation.
The Serbian striker played a full game but failed to score as Fiorentina opened their Serie A season with a 3-1 loss to Rome on Sunday.
Vlahovic had been linked with Tottenham, Manchester City and Internazionale during the offseason and remain a hot property ahead of the transfer window closing at the end of this month.
Fiorentina manager Joe Barone has publicly asserted ahead of the loss to Roma amid growing speculation that Vlahovic is not for sale and will stay with La Viola in a bid to quell rumors.
Italiano told reporters after the loss to Roma that there was no problem with Vlahovic.
“There has never been a problem with him,” Italiano said. “Now he has to focus on scoring goals. He had a few good chances today.
“We know his value, he knows he is admired, everyone helps him make a difference, he can do it. A motivated Vlahovic can add value to us.”
Vlahovic is under contract with Fiorentina until 2023 and is reportedly in talks with the club on a new deal.
The 21-year-old Serb has scored 21 goals in 37 appearances for Fiorentina in the 2020-21 Serie A season.
“Every player is important to us, but I repeat what President Rocco Comisso said. Dusan is not for sale and he will stay in Florence,” Barone told DAZN. “I would like these rumors to stop because our season starts today and we need to be focused.”