Three children injured from electric shock after coming in contact with live wires in Ruai.

Three Children Injured From Electric Shock After Coming In Contact With Live Wires In Ruai.

Three children were hospitalized in Ruai, Nairobi, after being burned by a live wire in their residential flat while playing. The children, aged six, seven, and eight, include two girls and a boy.

The incident occurred when the girls touched the cables and suffered electric shocks and burns. Witnessing their injuries, their cousin, a boy, bravely tried to rescue them, unaware of the danger he was putting himself in. Unfortunately, he was also burned in the process.

- Advertisement -

Neighbours acted swiftly and took the children to the hospital. The police are currently investigating the incident and have requested the involvement of Kenya Power officials to address the issue.

In a separate incident in Mandera Township, a 22-year-old man was electrocuted in his traditional Somali house, resulting in a fire that engulfed the property. Another man sustained severe burns in the incident.

The victim, Ibrahim Isaak Norow, lost his life upon touching a live exposed wire. The police have launched an investigation into the incident. An autopsy has been performed on Norow’s body, allowing for its release for burial following the unfortunate event on August 19.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept