The Exciting Lineup of 30 Talented Athletes in the Running for the 2023 Ballon d’Or
Discover the 30 contenders vying for the coveted ‘France Football’ Ballon d’Or, an esteemed accolade honoring the finest player of the 2022/23 season. The prestigious ceremony will grace the Theatre du Chatelet in Paris on the 30th of October.
The esteemed ‘France Football’ magazine annually presents the highly sought-after Ballon d’Or award to acknowledge the crème de la crème of the football world.
To determine the recipient, the team of experts at France Football curates an initial shortlist of 30 players worthy of consideration. Subsequently, an array of journalists, usually one from each nation, join the fold and participate in a voting system where they nominate their top five choices. The voting entails allocating six points for the first choice, four for the second, three for the third, two for the fourth, and one for the fifth. The cumulative points awarded ultimately decide the definitive rankings.
Last year, the illustrious Ballon d’Or was bestowed upon Karim Benzema, the former Real Madrid striker, who propelled ‘Los Blancos’ to triumph in both La Liga and the Champions League. Lionel Messi, an unparalleled legend of the game, holds the record for the most Ballon d’Or victories, an astonishing seven times. Cristiano Ronaldo closely follows with five triumphs, aiming to match Messi’s feat.
Among the favorites for the current season’s Ballon d’Or is Erling Haaland, the prolific Manchester City striker. Haaland played a pivotal role in securing the historic treble for the Sky Blues, encompassing the Champions League, Premier League, and FA Cup. With an awe-inspiring tally of 52 goals during his debut season with the club, Haaland has set the stage ablaze. However, Lionel Messi, an indomitable force, stands as the sole contender with the capacity to prevent Haaland from reigning supreme. Messi proved instrumental in Argentina’s conquest of the World Cup, their first since the memorable 1986 victory starring the legendary Maradona.
Here is the illustrious list of the 30 nominees for the Ballon d’Or 2022/2023:
– Andre Onana (CAM/Inter – Man Utd)
– Josko Gvardiol (CRO/Leipzig – Man City)
– Karim Benzema (FRA/Madrid – Al Nassr)
– Jamal Musiala (GER/Bayern Munich)
– Mohamed Salah (EGY/Liverpool)
– Jude Bellingham (ENG/Borussia Dortmund – Real Madrid)
– Bukayo Saka (ENG/Arsenal)
– Randal Kolo Muani (FRA/Eintracht Frankfurt – PSG)
– Kevin De Bruyne (BEL/Man City)
– Bernardo Silva (POR/Man City)
– Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (GEO/Napoli)
– Emiliano Martinez (ARG/Aston Villa)
– Ruben Dias (POR/Man City)
– Nicolo Barella (ITA/Inter)
– Erling Haaland (NOR/Man City)
– Martin Odegaard (NOR/Arsenal)
– Ilkay Gundogan (GER/Man City – Barcelona)
– Yassine Bounou (MOR/Sevilla – Al Hilal)
– Julian Alvarez (ARG/Man City)
– Vinicius Junior (BRA/Real Madrid)
– Rodri (SPA/Man City)
– Antoine Griezmann (FRA/Atletico)
– Lionel Messi (ARG/PSG – Inter Miami)
– Lautaro Martinez (ARG/Inter Miami)
– Robert Lewandowski (POL/Barcelona)
– Kim Min-Jae (KOR/Napoli – Bayern Munich)
– Luka Modric (CRO/Real Madrid)
– Harry Kane (ENG/Tottenham – Bayern Munich)
– Victor Osimhen (NIG/Napoli)
– Kylian Mbappe (FRA/PSG)
For more updates, follow this link: [Twitter post](https://twitter.com/besoccer_com/status/1699488891248451912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)