The authorities’s safety group met on Saturday and was knowledgeable of the scenario, says Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre (S).
– The police have deployed all accessible sources, he says.
It is just not but clear what drove the perpetrator to shoot harmless folks.
– But we all know that he belonged to an Islamist surroundings.
Two folks have been killed within the assault, 21 individuals are injured. Ten of them severely.
– I do know that lots of you might be scared, determined and livid. I need to say to you, we share that despair. We stand facet by facet, the entire of Norwegian society.
The Pride Parade, which was to be held in Oslo at present, has been canceled.
– This day, June 25, we’d have a good time love. We would coloration the streets in the colours of the rainbow.
– Even although we have no idea that the surroundings itself was the objective, the surroundings itself grew to become the sufferer.
– Together we are going to proceed the combat to like whoever you wish, and be who you ought to be, says the Prime Minister.
According to the Norwegian safety police, the suspected perpetrator is understood in excessive Islamist circles.
– Many Muslims will really feel weak at present and for a while to come back. Then it’s our society’s accountability to make it clear that nobody apart from the one who was accountable for the assault is accountable for it, says Jonas Gahr Støre.