Indeed, its use is part of our daily life, but it would be necessary from time to time to disconnect from the virtual world to live the moments present.
The frequent use of smartphones has several disadvantages, and the history of this man clearly shows us that it would be better to limit its use. The 40-year-old man used to use his phone in the evenings when the lamp in his room was out.
This bad habit has led to the formation of a tumor in the eye. No treatment is available for this type of cancer, and a retinal replacement operation is imperative.
For this reason, several precautions should be taken so as not to end up in the same situation.
One should avoid being exposed for a long time to the LED lights and in the dark. Because, this reduces the visual capacities, it would also be necessary in case of exposure:
- Wear goggles with a special anti-light blue coating
- Avoid using screens in the evening and at night.
- Adjust the brightness of the screen.
- Regularly clean screens of electronic devices to reduce glare.
- Blinking more often.
- Adjust the position of the screen so that it is in front of the face, at a safe distance from the eyes.
- Increase text size.
- Take a break of twenty seconds every twenty minutes and watch something that is far away.
- Limit the amount of time spent in front of the screens.