The victims of the September 28, 2009 massacre still demand justice

It is in the Guinean capital that a memorial service took place in the morning. A tribute to the 160 victims killed in the bloody attack on opponents gathered at a stadium in the city on September 28, 2009. A killing committed by elements of the Guinean armed forces under Captain Moussa Dadis Camara.

as reported from Conakry, Mouctar Bah

Severe faces and tight faces, the victims of September 28, 2009 remember the ordeal they went through.

“A black Monday, a bloody Monday for me, a Monday of humiliation, a Monday of tears. Eleven years of insults, eleven years of humiliation because the government of Alpha Condé insulted us for eleven years. These are people who humiliated us for eleven years. It’s hard for me to remember what I experienced on September 28, because today I’m trying to forget what happened. Professor Alpha Condé’s government has insulted us for eleven years, ”said Mrs Cissé, a victim.

This man gathered at the victims’ headquarters on Monday, with tears in his eyes, explaining: “The 110 women who have been raped, abused and so far, justice has not been done, we promise without doing so. I ask national and international opinion to give us the chance that justice will be done this year. ”

For Guinea’s Organization for the Defense of Human Rights (OGDH), it is simply sad when Tierno Diallo, its president, says: “Eleven years after the September 28 massacres, we had hoped he would have been on trial. We go from delaying maneuver to delaying maneuver. ”

The memorial days continue with prayers and blessings for the rest of the victims’ souls, while they hope the trial will be held before the end of the year.

.